Sunday, March 9, 2008

"So.....

how is it being home? Is it weird? Do you miss it?"

My answer to that question has changed as often as circumstances have, but this one has remained constant for some time. My determined answer?: Like all emotions, it comes in little spurts here and there.

One week ago I was driving the long distance to the Institute for church on a sunny sunday morning. I started listening to an album I listened to a lot towards the end of my mission. It brought back a flood of memories and feelings.

I wept like a baby.

If you were to ask me if I miss it at this moment, I'd reply yes. Dearly.

2 comments:

Kevin and Jess said...

Hey! Your posts makes me sad. I'm sorry that you're missing your mission, but I'm also glad that you are. We'll always miss the best chapters of our lives and I'm glad that your mission was one of those chapters. I'm excited to see you in a few weeks!
JBird

Carlie said...

i didn't realize how much i would miss you! it's been so fun to spend so much time with you, so thanks for the indulgence.